8.01.2010

~Hypochondriac~

Im going to share with the world what kind of person I really am, you know how there are people that are OCD about having a clean house, car they drive, house they live in, etc etc. WELL im ocd or you could call me a hypochondriac about my health, and my kids health, its weird really weird, I do not and will not take a prescription of any kind that I havent already had as a kid, this includes shots,  why you you ask? because
im afaird I will have some sort of allergic reaction to the medication. this
 obsession started when I first starting working in the healthcare business, you see all sorts of crazy things happen that you would never in your right mind even think about. when my kids get fevers it freaks me out and I rush them to the Dr. like they have some kind of disease, if I get sick with a cold more then one time I think I have cancer, see I told you it was bad, I know ALOT of it is in my mind, the mind can play serious tricks on us, so now that im a stay at home mom and have been for 3 yrs im starting to get better about being a hypochondriac, and maybe im like this because one of my fears is dying and leaving my kids and husband behind...with this said I have gallstones and im going to try everything in my power to get rid of them the natural way with out surgery... do you think I have anxiety about this issue? if you anwered YES then you are right.

5 comments:

Lacking Productivity said...

Get well, you poor thing! I've heard gallstones are miserable.

Amanda said...

yes you are a tad bit. But at least if something is really wrong with u or the kids you will know quickly.

NoellePratt said...

You poor thing, I hope you get feeling better. We moved to Idaho.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Good luck with that. I hope that you can feel better really soon.

Brianne said...

Ash- I had gallstones too. I actually had attacks really bad and I got my gallbladder removed. The surgery and recovery weren't bad at all and NOTHING compared to the pain that I was feeling during the attacks. I hope you are feeling well. I have felt like I am sometimes a little crazy about worrying about my health and my family's health too. Something that has helped me has really relied on the Savior- meaning if there is doubt or fear, then we can't have faith. Positive outlook really affects you. Listening to conference this past weekend helped me too. Especially Elder Scott's talk. Hope you are feeling better soon!