This year I really wanted to teach Saige the meaning of easter, she know bits and pieces from church and quite frankly she knows more then I gave her credit for. Last night as we were driving home from my parents house after coloring eggs I told her that Easter in not like Christmas, cause lets face it this girl loves gifts, and she told me she knew and I went on and explained to her it is about Jesus being resurrected and she understood and knew what I was talking about, Iam so thankful for our savior Jesus Christ how this gospel brings me so much peace and happiness into my life and my family's life, yes I have had my hard times and understanding of certain commandments, the past 6 or so months ago Zach and I were struggly financialy (who doesnt sometime in there lifetime) Ryden having giardia took every last penny that Zach works so hard for, and I wouldnt have wanted to spend it any other way then to get my buddy feeling better, so the lord and I had a chit chat after my mom and other individual talked to me about the importance of faith and tithing (yes I already new tithing paying and faith are very important) but I had to find that out on my own time to really realize the truthfullness of the gospel. the love I felt from the lord when I got down on my knees and asked for his help and forgivness for ever second guessing his commandments was amazing, he died and was resurected so we can repent and be forgiven of our sins and get back on the right and only path of happiness, Zach and I will NEVER second guess the lord and the power that he has, we have been blessed more than ever these past few months, I truly believe and know this gospel is the one and only true church, Iam so thankful the lord has taught me the importance of prayer and faith and tithing.. if ever you in doubt or in need of a hand all we have to do is ask, get on our knees and pray to the lord and ask for his help and I promise you this he will not let you down.. not ever....
happy easter I hope your day was as wonderful as mine..
4.04.2010
True meaning of easter....
Posted by Ashlee Salisbury at 4/04/2010 09:07:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
What a beautiful testimony, Ash. Thanks for sharing!
Yay, I am so glad you have a blog and I am so glad you left a comment. Your kids are beautiful and I am glad I have a way to see them. It was so good to hear from you, keep in touch.
Ashlee that was beautiful. Happy Easter to you!!!
You are such an awesome person, Ash. I hope Ryden is feeling better.
Post a Comment